We are researchers, simulators, information technology experts, developers and data engineers dedicated to advancing science and improving the heliophysics data environment. We are from many different organizations.
The initial representatives on the Executive Committee are designated individuals from the following space agencies: CNES, ESA, JAXA(represented by the major stakeholder: ISAS), Nagoya University-ISEE, NASA (represented by the following major stakeholders: SPDF, SDAC, HPDE, SPASE, CCMC).
- Shing F. Fung (NASA GSFC)
- Arnaud Masson (TpZ for ESA)
- Aaron Roberts (NASA GSFC)
- Todd King (UCLA)
- Christophe Arviset (ESA)
- Yoshizumi Miyoshi (Nagoya University-ISEE)
- Baptiste Cecconi (Observatoire de Paris)
- Jean-Christophe Malapert (CNES)
- October 18, 2018
- The IHDEA was formed as a result of the first International Heliophysics Data Environment (IHDE) meeting held at the European Space and Astronomy Centre (ESAC), Madrid, Spain, on October 17-18, 2018. Meeting attendees representing NASA, ESA, JAXA, and CNES have all agreed that increasing collaboration and coordination through the use of standard formats (for both data and metadata) and community-based data tools are critical for enabling interoperability of data systems and services and improving sharing of space-based, ground-based, and model-based heliophysics data sets.
- December 12, 2018
- The second meeting of the International Heliophysics Data Environment (IHDE) was held on December 12, 2019 in Washington D.C., USA at the Fall AGU meeting. This was an informal meeting where a small group of IHDEA members met to discuss the best way to formally organize the IHDEA.
- October 16-18, 2019
- The third meeting of the International Heliophysics Data Environment (IHDE) was held at Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Maryland, USA. Presentations and discussions of the IHDEA organization and technical components of the IHDEA were made. The first draft of the IHDEA Bylaws was created. The agenda and presentations made at the meeting can be found here.
- December 1-13, 2019
- Announcement to the community of the formation of the International Heliophysics Data Environment Alliance (IHDEA). The main announcement was made at the Fall 2019 AGU meeting. The general announcement can be found here.
- October 19-22, 2020
- The fourth meeting of the International Heliophysics Data Environment (IHDE) was held in Paris, France. The agenda and presentations made at the meeting can be found here.